Review and Information about Marina Barrage.
Marina Barrage is Part dam and part tourist attraction, it has a multi-purpose attraction in Singapore, just a short walk away from Gardens by the Bay on the very southern tip of the main island.
Although Marina Barrage main function serves as a dam – aiding water storage and flood control for the whole of Singapore – most visitors know it as a place of recreation, proving especially popular for kite flying, picnic and the stunning sunset views from the main elevated section of grass looking across the city.
Build in 2008, Marina Barrage comprises a main dam stretching from Marina East to Marina South. The most-visited spot here, is the elevated patch of green spaced, accessible via a lift inside the main complex of via the futuristic looping pathway that goes up to the top.
Because of the position, the lack of any skyscrapers in the area and the fact that it’s right next to the sea help to make this place as one of Singapore’s windiest spots – perfect for kite flying.
At the background, you can see you can find Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, the Singapore Flyer, Cloud Forest, and the Office Skyscraper. It is a very good place to take a photo.
Marina Barrage entrance is Free.
Marina Barrage opening hour is 24 Hours.
Information Counter for gallery: From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– From Tanjong Pagar MRT Station: Take bus 400 in front of International Plaza (03223)stop at Marina Barrage Bus Stop
– From Marina Bay Station and Downtown MrtStation: Take bus 400 at Marina Bay Financial Centre (03391) along Marina Boulevard stop at Marina Barrage Bus Stop
If you like the Video, please support my Channel by
1) LIKE, COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE now!
2) Share this video on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter
3) Add my channel to your featured channel box
Video credits to DGUNN3R1 YouTube channel