Join us as we visit Singapore exploring the best 25 things to do in the city in this Singapore travel guide. Singapore is a city unlike any other in Southeast Asia. Known as the ‘Lion City’ or ‘Little Red Dot’ Singapore has transformed from being a former British trading colony to one the world’s most advanced and prosperous countries featuring a chaotic port.
How to describe the city in just a few words? Modern, clean, diverse, massive, green, sterile and efficient come to mind. With a blend of Chinese, Malay and Indian (Tamil) influences and distinct neighborhoods you’ll find a melting pot of cuisines to tickle your every taste bud fancy.
Whether you’re shopping until you drop along Orchard Road or enjoying budget meals in one of the many Hawker Centres there is something for everybody in this city. Now let’s go find out what makes Singapore (新加坡) one of the most popular cities to visit in all of Asia.
Local spellings of Singapore:
Chinese – 新加坡
Malay – Republik Singapura
Tamil – சிங்கப்பூர்
25 Things to do in Singapore City Guide:
1) Gardens by the Bay (Taman di Persisiran -滨海湾花园 – வளைகுடா தோட்டம்) – 00:28
2) Cloud Forest (云雾林) at Gardens by the Bay – 00:32
3) Flower Dome (花穹) at Gardens by the Bay – 02:10
4) Supertree Grove – 02:40
5) Marina Bay Sands – 03:05
6) Chinatown (牛车水 – Kreta Ayer – சைனா டவுன்) – 03:28
7) Chinatown Heritage Centre – 03:51
8) Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum (新加坡佛牙寺龙华院) – 04:00
9) Sri Mariamman Temple (ஸ்ரீ மாரியம்மன் கோவில்) – 04:10
10) Arab Street District (阿拉伯街) for tea and visiting the Masjid Sultan Mosque – 04:22 (مسجد سلطان)
11) Clarke Quay (克拉码头 – கிளார்க் கீ) – 06:01
12) River Boat Tour on a bumboat along Singapore River – 06:12
13) Little India (小印度 – குட்டி இந்தியா) – 06:28
14) Merlion Park – 06:55
15) Breakfast in Singapore (Indian and Malay style) – 07:13
16) Singapore Botanic Gardens (新加坡植物园 – Taman Botani Singapura – சிங்கப்பூர் தாவரவியல் பூங்கா) – 10:40
17) National Orchid Garden – 11:26
18) Chinese Garden (裕华园) – 12:30
19) Japanese Garden (星和园) – 12:30
20) Fort Canning Park (Bukit Larangan) and the Battlebox – 13:30
21) Singapore Flyer (新加坡摩天观景轮 – Pelayang Singapura – சிங்கப்பூர் ஃப்ளையர்) – 13:48
22) Old Airport Food Centre (Hawker Centre – 小贩中心 – 熟食中心) – 13:58
23) Orchard Road for Shopping in Singapore (乌节路 – Jalan Kebun (Jalan Orkid) – ஓர்ச்சர்ட் சாலை) – 17:02
24) Singapore Nightlife along Clarke Quay – 17:22
25) Singapore at Night – 17:45
*Bonus* MRT Subway and Metro system – 18:00
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II:
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens:
Rode Video Mic GO:
Joby Gorilla Pod:
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro:
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Singapore travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best restaurants and street food), top museums, fascinating temples and the city by day and evening when Singapore comes alive at night. We also cover off-the-beaten-path activities you won’t find in a typical Singapore tourism brochure, Singapore city tour or Singapore itinerary.
25 Things to do in Singapore Travel Guide Video Transcript:
Today we’re taking you on a whirlwind tour of Singapore. This sovereign city state, may not have a whole lot of land, but it sure packs a lot of punch! We had a full week in Singapore, so we set out to explore its distinct neighbourhoods, cool off in its gardens, marvel at its innovative buildings, and of course, eat in its hawker centres. This video will show you 25 things to do in Singapore, now let’s get started:
And that is a wrap for our visit to Singapore. We hope that you enjoyed this video and that it gave you a few ideas of things to see, do, and eat on your trip. As always, if you have any other suggestions of things to do in Singapore, feel free to share those with fellow travellers in the comments below. Wishing you happy travels and until next time!
This is part of our Travel in Singapore video series showcasing Singaporean food, Singaporean culture and Singaporean cuisine.
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network
Video credit to the YouTube channel owner